Principles of Care
Broad Aims: To give learners the knowledge and skills to discuss and implement care values in the work place and promote person centred thinking. The course will give the learner knowledge on what basic care values are required within the care sector.
This course has been specifically designed and developed to promote consistent and effective care to people within all care settings. The course content solely focuses on the basic values a person should expect to receive regardless of differences.
This course will include reference to the Care Council for Wales’s code of conduct for Social Care Support Workers. Learners will gain knowledge through case studies, real life scenarios and in depth discussion. Knowledge retention will be assessed throughout the session with written exercises and question and answers.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Define the terms Care, Carer and Care Worker
- Cite the roles and responsibilities of a care worker
- Describe the term Person Centred Care Base Values
- Cite the difference between Values and Principles
- List the values applicable to care
- Explain how care values reference to codes of practice
- Explain Abraham Maslow’ hierarchy of needs
- Describe the term Person Centred Planning
- Discuss the process involved of Person Centred Planning
- Describe and complete a Person Centred plan