Conflict Management with Breakaways
Management with Breakaways
Broad Aims: The aim of the course is to give the learner knowledge and skills in recognising and managing possible conflict within the workplace whilst recognising their own limitations towards any physical intervention.
Overview: This course has been designed to assist individuals deal with conflict, possible violent situations, aggression, bullying and intimidating behaviour of a hostile and challenging manner in the interest of personal safety in the workplace.
It is aimed at anyone who may encounter any form of conflict and/or aggression within their work or personal life.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the session the learner will be able to:
- Define the terms Conflict, Violence and Aggression
- Describe the common causes of conflict
- Describe different forms of communication
- Give examples of communication breakdowns
- Explain different models of communication that can assist with de-escalation
- Describe patterns of behaviour you may encounter during different scenarios
- Describe warning and danger signs including the POP theory
- Describe the importance of spacial awareness when dealing with conflict
- Give examples of impact factors
- Describe different methods for dealing with possible conflict situations
- Explain the use of ‘reasonable force’ as it applies to conflict resolution
- Discuss relevant Health and Safety Legislation
- Define the term Use of Force and discuss relevant Legislation
- Demonstrate and practice common breakaway techniques