Broad Aims: To give learners the knowledge and skills in food safety and how to prevent and protect the consumer against illness and/or disease.
Overview: This course is designed for people working within the Food industry. It especially applies to people who have a duty to protect consumers from food borne illness and/or disease.
This course meets the learning objectives of the Food Safety Act and will help meet the standards required to achieve high scores in safety and hygiene.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the session, learners will be able to discuss, explain and demonstrate their understanding of:
- The law, legislation and good practice for food safety
- Food safety hazards and prevention
- Taking temperatures, paper trails and auditing
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handlers – Legal requirements
- Principles of safe storage, rotation, labelling and supplying of food
- Cleaning food premises, equipment and layout
- Prevent cross contamination and illness